LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I integrate a Data base in my my VI ?

I have to get data from this VI because i want  to save data aquired during a year in a data base so i can compare these results in the next year so i need a table with three clomuns (DATE,TEMPERATURE,SUNSHINE) please Help me to aquire data and save it into a table using ToolKit 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,343 Views)

Hello hamdouch1000,

If you wire the output of your DAQmx read to the edge of the while loop and then right click on the terminal and choose "Tunnel Mode>>Indexing" you will be able to extract an array from your program once the while loop ends. You can use the "Get Date/Time String" VI to programmatically call the date. I'm not entirely sure what your SUNSHINE data is supposed to be however. 

Either way the idea is you'll want to build your data into a 2d array and then write it to a file of your choosing. Right now I would be concerned with how often you are taking data. With no wait function in your loop you are going to be pulling data from your device as quickly as your computer can execute the loop and then adding that value to an array. This could quicly cause you to run into performance and memory issues if you let your array get too large. 

How long is this VI going to run?

Jonathan L.
Technical Support Senior Group Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,286 Views)

thank you so much but if you know the solution can you do it in my VI because i don't understand exactaly what are you saying if you don't mind change the VI and send to me in fact the VI will run for hole year to get result thank you so much for help my friend 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,248 Views)

@hamdouch1000 wrote:

thank you so much but if you know the solution can you do it in my VI because i don't understand exactaly what are you saying if you don't mind change the VI and send to me in fact the VI will run for hole year to get result thank you so much for help my friend 🙂

I hate to sound harsh, but you're the engineer, so you should implement the fix yourself.  (Or pay someone to do it for you.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,240 Views)