From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I install 2020 community on multiple computers in my high school classroom?

I would like to install labview 2020 community on 20 computers in my room for student experiment use. I believe I can install on three different computers but only one can run at a time. Must each student create an account on a separate computer to use during the school year? Then the process must be repeated each year as the license is good for 365 days? Or is there a better way?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,622 Views)
For most licensing questions, it's best to contact NI directly.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,611 Views)

Honestly I believe you can just install it on all your computers, as according to the LabVIEW Community Edition Usage Details

General Guidance on Use
K-12 (Primary & Secondary School) Use Cases
LabVIEW Community Edition may be used:

For all primary and secondary schools (K-12)
For clubs and competitions (such as FIRST Robotics) outside of K-12 education

Q: “I’m a high school teacher and a LabVIEW advocate – I’ve created some LabVIEW apps to help run some experiments. Can I use the new LabVIEW Community Edition?”
A: Yes. Non-commercial primary/secondary school uses are allowed by the LabVIEW Community Edition licensing.

But you still might want to talk to a NI Rep about how many installations you can have under one name. So every student does not have to sign up for a NI account. (But I bet NI wants everyone to have a NI account so they have their contact information)

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 3 of 6
(2,592 Views)

The Community license, as I understand it, may not be used in an Academic setting.  I suggest you contact NI for clarification, however.  They can definitely explain the legal and licensing issues for you.

Bob Schor

P.S. -- I'm happy to be corrected/enlightened if my first sentence is incorrect.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,563 Views)

I'd seen those faqs. You're probably right in that NI would like the student info.3 installs one use at a time.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,530 Views)

Thanks, @RTSLVU, for correcting me about the Licensing Issue.  I would amend my response and say you should contact NI to ask how you can install, say, 20 copies of LabVIEW CE for a Student Teaching Lab using a single License (or Licensee, as the case may be) -- they are bound to have a mechanism for this.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,516 Views)