LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I include 2 separate DAQmx tasks from MAX in a vi?

Hi there!

I am trying to get a temperature and a voltage reading at the same time for some calculations in labview. I was told (and tried) that using 2 DAQ assistants is not possible, so I am trying to copy the DAQmx tasks from MAX into my vi, and still getting error-50103...some reserved resource stuff. Is there any specific way I should wire these (DAQmx start,read,stop) icons to make this work? Or is this not possible?

Hardware used:

5V power source

PCI-6251:

SC-2345:

SCC-TC02 (thermocouple)

SCC-FT01 (press transducer)

Can anybody help me out with this. I need both measurements to find the wind speed in the wind tunnel test section.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,631 Views)
What you simply have to do is create a single task with both channels in it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,624 Views)
Hello saspe,

In order to perform this operation I would recommend starting with one of the examples in the NI Example Finder. You can open the Example Finder by going to Help»Find Examples...  From this point you can go to Hardware Input and Output»Analog Measurements»Voltage to find appropriate examples. A good one to start with would be the Cont Acq&Graph Voltage - Write Data to File (TDMS).vi.

From this point you can change the VI by adding another DAQmx Create Virtual Channel VI to handle the thermocouple measurement you want to make. An example of this is shown below:

Message Edited by Dan_K on 01-28-2009 04:56 PM

Regards,
Dan King

Message 3 of 4
(2,588 Views)

Thanks for your responses Dan_k and Dennis!! I'll try that!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,571 Views)