cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I include Ì and Î in a string?

Solved!
Go to solution

@Cathymin wrote:

IDAutomation Code 128 uses 204 as start and 206 as stop.

Both LabVIEW and Windows I use are English. I tried "\ code dislay" before, but I misinterpreted 204 and 206 as hex 0204 and 0206. Your code with \CC and \CE works in LV2010 (Thanks) though it does not work in LV8.6, which is on a different computer. It might be that the computer with LV8.6 does not use CP1252. How can I find whether it is using CP1252 or not?

If you're comfortable using the registry editor, look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage\ACP.  This should define the code page used by most programs that do not natively support wide characters.  Depending on how you use the string, it may be more important that the character has the right code point (0204 or 0206) rather than the right symbol (Ì or Î).

Mark Moss

Electrical Validation Engineer
GHSP

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(209 Views)

@ben64 wrote:

When you type the hex value you must use CC and CE not 204 and 206, when you change to normal display you will get Ì and Î. As Mark said it may be your langage version of LabVIEW You can also try to enable some code page conversion tables from the advanced tab of the Regional and Langage Options from the Windows control panel (this is where you will find if 1252 is enable ANSI Latin-1). Try enabling OEM 863.

Ben64

All these options are already enabled in my LV8.6 computer. And Windows and LV are English version. This computer or this LV version is just different. I will use LV2010 instead. Thanks all for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(202 Views)