From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I have each pass through a for loop communicate with a new indicator?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using 16 color boxes to indicate how 16 channels are behaving.  If a color box is blue, its respective channel is running correctly, red means it has failed etc.  I am continuously checking each channel using a loop, and I wanted to update the channel colors every loop.  I have made an array of 16 numbers corresponding to the color I wish to have (which are blue = running, red = failed, green = completed, black = not in use).  However, I cannot find a way to pull these 16 numbers out of the array and to the color boxes short of 16 index arrays connected to the color boxes. 

I understand how to convert each individual number to a color, I just don't know how to use a 16 times for loop to communicate with a different color box each pass through.  Is there any way to do this or should I just go for brute force?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,400 Views)
Put the 16 color boxes in an array and index them into the loop
Message Edited by elset191 on 07-06-2009 02:00 PM
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,398 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author M. Bobby
I just realized the color boxes are indicators probably.  In this case you can put references to the color boxes in an array and wire the reference to a property node and change the color that way.
--
Tim Elsey
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,387 Views)
Sorry I keep making new posts.  Attached is an example i wrote up.  There are three cases in the disabled structure, each has a different implementation of what i belive your specs are.
--
Tim Elsey
Message 4 of 5
(2,364 Views)
The reference/ property node combination is working very well!  Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,355 Views)