cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the subvis' arguments

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi ,

do somebody know how to fetch one subvi's input and output parameters? I want to get the all the subvi's input and output parameters, then config it by mian vi. I made an example to show the controls that configured with terminals but it gets all the controls' name on the list.

222.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,406 Views)

What exactly do you mean by subVI "arguments"?  That isn't a term associated with LabVIEW subVI's.

If you are talking about the controls being present on the connector panel, you can us a scripting property node to determine if a control is on the connector panel.

example-2_BD

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,399 Views)

I guess you are calling Labview module in TestStand 

When Labview module is called you need to provide all the input values and variables to store output values

For detailed suggestion please provide more information on your requirement

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,366 Views)

thanks both's reply, so sorry I didn't make the question clear.

I want to develop a function, the function can automatically fetch a subvi's input and output parameters and type, then I can config these parameters on GUI. 

just like the labview module in teststand, if one LV vi loaded, the input and output parameters and data type are all displyed. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,346 Views)

Like the others replying to this topic, I have no idea what it is that you want to do.  When everyone is confused, it's usually because the request doesn't make sense.  Perhaps if you could tell us why you want to do this, we can better understand your request (and probably come up with a solution that does make sense).

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,337 Views)

Trying to understand your Query....!

If its TestStand Related please post the Query in https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/bd-p/330

When calling a VI in TestStand, it will display all the input and Output Parameters[Parameter Name, Type, In/Out, Log, Default, value].

For each Input Parameter you need to assign Value/a Variable Containing Value for that particular Node.

For Each Output parameter you need to assign a Variable where the Value Needs to be stored for Future Scope/analysis.

No you need to clear us on whats your requirement, what you want to achieve?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,319 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jiaquwll

@jiaquwll wrote:

thanks both's reply, so sorry I didn't make the question clear.

I want to develop a function, the function can automatically fetch a subvi's input and output parameters and type, then I can config these parameters on GUI. 

just like the labview module in teststand, if one LV vi loaded, the input and output parameters and data type are all displyed. 

You can create a VI to get the input and outputs of another VI's connector panel.  I showed you how to get whether a control is on the connector panel using a VI scripting node.  There is another property node that will tell you if it is an indicator (output of VI) or control (input of VI).

But you aren't going to be able to configure these on a VI.  You can't change between a control and indicator (actually you could, but you'll break that VI in the process).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,303 Views)