LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find the area under an X-Y curve?

Hello,

I am trying to find the area under the curve of an X-Y graph. I have duplicated what some of the other posts have stated to do but I am still getting a very odd number for an answer. I was wondering if anyone could help give me a sanity check and/or point me in the right direction if I am completely wrong.

Here is a sample set of data that I have been looking at and also my VI that I have been working on.

Thank you in advance

David Vaughn

Message Edited by dVaughn on 05-30-2006 09:30 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,569 Views)
How long did you run your test for?  Your LVM seems to indicate 1 sample per second.  But you are intergrating with a dt of .001 seconds.  I cannot run your vi because I do not have the database toolkit.  (an aside: I don't think either loop is necessary)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,558 Views)

Jason,

I didn't think they were necessary either but I am new to LabView so I was copying other examples that I have found. I am sampling at a rate of 1000hz with 8000 samples per read, I duplicated the Analog measure with SW trigger program. My acqusition program is attached if that helps. You can also delete out the database stuff if that makes it easier for you.

http://www.rit.edu/~dwv2280/Sta1.vi

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,555 Views)