LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I enter data in a spreadsheet at the cursor

I want to be able to take a reading from an instrument and put it into the cell where the cursor is currently located in Excel 2000.  I could use a mouse click or "Return" key to indicate that now is the time to take a reading and enter it into the cell.  The cursor would be moved manually to the cell where it is desired.

Judd
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,260 Views)

You'll need to use ActiveX to write to an existing Excel spreadsheet.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/devzone.nsf/webcategories/4161F118BF99CCE686256AB7006A68EB

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,247 Views)
Hello,

For formatting strings to be written to spreadsheets such as excel, see my post in the following thread - it includes an attached example:

Best Regards,

JLS

PS - it does not address writing to a cell which your cursor is in - it uses simple file i/o to write a spreadsheet formatted string/file, and this cannot even be written in this way if you already have the file you are writing to open in another program - usually the program blocks access (and reasonably so) when it opens the file.  You can of course write to a file and choose which cell a given piece of data will show up in when you open it in excel... this is just formatting the data correctly, and as you'll see in the thread linked above, this is rather trivial.
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,237 Views)