From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I dynamicaly select a column from a table in labview

Hello,

I am trying to develop an application to do the following:

1- Dynamically populate a table in labview from a source ( it can be an array in Teststand or a .csv file). I think I can do this step

2- While the VI is running the user can edit the data by a drop down box on each cell (I need help on this part)

3- The user can select a column by checking a Checkbox on the far left of the table or by clicking anywere on the row and select multiple rows ( I need help on this one)

4- The user will click Go and the VI shall return the indeces of all the rows that are selected in an array of numbers. ( I need help on this one)

5- After step 4 is done, TS is called to run sequence files specified by each row of the table in labview. (I maybe able to do this step)

I appreciate any help in this.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,593 Views)

OpenECU wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to develop an application to do the following:

1- Dynamically populate a table in labview from a source ( it can be an array in Teststand or a .csv file). I think I can do this step

OK

2- While the VI is running the user can edit the data by a drop down box on each cell (I need help on this part)

This has been asked many times in this forum. There is no built-in editing that does this - you have to do it yourself. If you do a search in this fourm you will come across the various solutions that have been proposed and implemented.

3- The user can select a column by checking a Checkbox on the far left of the table or by clicking anywere on the row and select multiple rows ( I need help on this one)

Define "select". Do you mean highlight a row?

4- The user will click Go and the VI shall return the indeces of all the rows that are selected in an array of numbers. ( I need help on this one)

The SelectionStart and SelectionSize can return to you what's selected if you choose to use this method.

5- After step 4 is done, TS is called to run sequence files specified by each row of the table in labview. (I maybe able to do this step)

OK. Can't help you with this anyway since I don't have TestStand.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,584 Views)