From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I download old third party LabVIEW instrument drivers?

I've developed an application with LabVIEW 2016 which required drivers for the following instrument:

Agilent 34970A

You can find the instrument drivers for this particular instrument at this link (http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=014F4CD7EF78136AE0440003BA7CCD...)

Since I had to reinstall Windows on my machine from scratch, I need to install again all those drivers, however, I see now that those drivers are available only for LabVIEW 2017 which obviously does not work with the 2016 version. How can I download the 2016 version of the drivers? Please note that there must be a 2016 version of such drivers since I used them to develop the application.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,883 Views)

Hi Mickkk,

there's a LV8.2.1 version available behind your link - use that one!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,856 Views)

Ok, I'll try that, thanks! A few months have passed since I started working on this project. It may be that those were the drivers I used in the first place. Silly me, I would have probably been better off keeping track of the drivers exact versions and download link.

LabVIEW seems to be ok with the LV8.2.1 version (ie the VIs can be run) however I'll get the final answer only testing on the instrument, I guess.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,847 Views)

Hi Mickkk,

Silly me, I would have probably been better off keeping track of the drivers exact versions and download link.

Silly you! 😄

You would have much better off with keeping a backup of all relevant code pieces including downloaded add-ons/drivers!

You should start using regular backups or (much better) SVN tools right now…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,843 Views)

I have manual backups but I forgot to back up the instr.lib folder. Well that's a bad practice anyway. Lesson learnt! This is my first "big" LabVIEW project, luckily Agilent 34970A is just a small piece of the whole application.

I don't know what SVN tools are but I'll document myself on those. Thanks for the suggestion!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,839 Views)

@Mickkk wrote:

I don't know what SVN tools are but I'll document myself on those. Thanks for the suggestion!

https://tortoisesvn.net/

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,825 Views)

Nice! Thanks again!

By the way, I wrote to NI support and they told me there was an error on the driver page. Now they fixed it and there is the 2016 version of the drivers! Great!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,812 Views)