LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I download all NI softwares and packages associated with my (academic) lisence ?

How can I download all NI softwares and packages that our academic licence covers ?

I know that the license covers many tools, and I wish to download and install them all.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,727 Views)

First of all, you should probably not install them all.  Why do you need LabVIEW in multiple languages?  Why do you need LabVIEW for hardware or applications or niche Development Environments you aren't using?  Install (the minimum) of what you need, and if you need "something else" later, install it when needed.  Installation takes a while anyway, and should you mess up, uninstallation can take even longer.

What you probably want to run is the LabVIEW Web-based Installer for LabVIEW 2018.  This is similar to the USB Key installer that NI used to (and maybe still can) provide.  It asks you want you want to install, then does a long Download (more time, particularly with a modest download speed).  The URL is Web-based Installer for LabVIEW 2018.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 9
(2,702 Views)

I agree that you should use the web-based installer. It will ask for your serial number and will optionally automatically select products based on your license (typically way too much :D) You can also install now or install later. In both cases you'll have everything downloaded. (details)

Please also have a look at the instruction link on this page.

Message 3 of 9
(2,697 Views)

Hi,

You can download each piece of NI software and drivers individually from our website:

http://www.ni.com/sv-se/support/downloads/software-products.html

Or through NI Package Manager.:

http://www.ni.com/sv-se/support/downloads/software-products/download.package-manager.html

NI Package Manager will prompt you if you need an update, software or a driver to run any NI software product. It also gives you an overview, from where you can easily install and un-install NI software updates and drivers.   

If you are interested in knowing what software is included in your academic license, please reply to this thread or send me a direct message with your e-mail address or phone number, so we can have a look at your specific license.

All the best,

Claes Gammelgaard
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 9
(2,658 Views)

Hi Claes, thanks for replying.

I have tried the NI Package Manager, but I find almost no available products.

Under "Programming Environments", only LabVIEW NXG and LabVIEW Runtime are available.

Under "Software Suites", only LabVIEW Communication System Design is available.

Also, I find no additional tools such as "Control and Simulation", "Vision", "DSC".

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,619 Views)

Well, you might have a "bad configuration".  If so, there are various ways to get back to a "good configuration", which will let you do what we first suggested -- do an Installation based on the Web-Based Installer for LabVIEW 2018.

There's another Post that I'm following here that I think is similar to yours.  I'm guessing that you've done various "mixed installations", and have probably gotten your PC in a state where you cannot "move forward" without "starting over again".

See if you can find my recent Post to @bauxuan's post "Real time module labview 2016".  If so, please post screenshots of both the list of Software shown by MAX and the list of NI Services shown by the Services "desktop app".  I'm guessing that it will confirm that (a) you already have some NI software installed, and (b) you are "missing" some NI Services.  If I am correct, I know how to fix this (and have been over this with NI Support and can verify that my method will work).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,607 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

See if you can find my recent Post to @bauxuan's post "Real time module labview 2016".

A link to that post:  https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Real-time-module-labview-2016/m-p/3875406#M1098394

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,606 Views)

Have you tried the actions suggested by fellow NI enthusiasts in this thread?

Regardless I will offer you an additional way to move forward.

Send me your license number in a private message, and I can check specifically what software you have access to and will subsequently send you a download link to them all. 

Let me know how you proceed. 

Claes Gammelgaard
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,591 Views)

Thanks again.

I used the web-based installer and a small dose of patience 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,576 Views)