LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I display a BMP image file at a user-specified location with no border?

My application requires that I display an image of size less than the entire screen at variable locations. I can not have anything but the image and the background colour on the screen.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,421 Views)
You can open the bmp up in a picture control using the standard VIs on the palette. The control can then be moved to the user specified position by writing values to a property node set to positon of the picture contol. Property nodes are described in the LabVIEW user manual. If you do not like the thin border of the picture control, color it transparent.

Jeremy Braden
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(2,421 Views)
Jeremy,
Your comment was very helpful, but I still have a problem. I made the VI into a dialog box to get rid of all of the toolbar options, however, the LabVIEW window itself remains. I need to display only a background colour and the image. It is essential that the window is not visible. What can I do to get rid of it? If you know how to set a background colour that would also be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Erez
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,421 Views)
It sounds like you need to go to VI properties and choose custom option in the windows appearance. You can turn the title bar off there.

You can set the background color of the front panel by selecting the paintbrush tool from the tools palette. Hold shift and right click to bring up the palette. Once you select the paintbrush, right click on the front panel to change its color.

Jeremy Braden
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,421 Views)