LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create a knob that I can turn multiple times?

Hello,
I'd like to create a knob that I can turn multiple times.
It shoud be possible to set the increment value per revolution.
Further it would be nice if it's possible to select the datatype Int, DOUBLE.....
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(6,069 Views)
I did that programmatically a while back and I've gone and dug it up. So here is a knob with attached mini-program that shows how I did it (okay I updated it to use an event structure - something I didn't have in 6.0). See if this is the kind of thing that you're looking for. I'm sure there's more elegant ways of doing this.

Rob
Message 2 of 14
(6,073 Views)
Here is a simple example where you can set the increment/revolution.

(This example does DBL output. You would need to create seperate code depending on data type).
Message 3 of 14
(6,073 Views)
Hello Robert,
Thank you for your nice example.
But you have to modify it because it doesn't work always in the right way.
If you turn your knob 1 time you have got values (from the knob) between 0 and 10'000. In the event structure you then count up and down. But if you have values (from the knob) lower than 200 or bigger than 9800 then the knob always counts -1 he don't care about the rotating sense...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(6,073 Views)
Hello to you all,

I was searching for a multiturn dial which looked like a multiturn potmeter, this forum had inspired me to make one.

I hope someone kan use this for a project, please let me know if you like it and/or have some improvements.

John
Message 5 of 14
(5,890 Views)

Dear  Robert

Thanks a lot for your Help .

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,510 Views)

Those examples work fine in ordinary Labview, but unfortunately LabView realtime cannot handle event structures. anybody got a version without event structures?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,515 Views)

Here's my stab at it.  Two versions: 1) A knob in a regular VI, 2) An XControl.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,474 Views)

Brilliant but if possible could you please post as Labview 14 or earlier as I don't have 16 yet!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,454 Views)

Here.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,435 Views)