From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I convert Voltage values?

Since my DAQ board is voltage type NI 6251, i want to calculate the pressure(bar), Temperature(deg C) and Level9m).

How can convet the voltage values from the sensor acquisition to actual Engineering values?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,786 Views)

*level (m)

Any link for the farmulaes/Equation?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,782 Views)

Basic math.

Take a look at this thread where there was a similar question and I posted a subVI that encapsulates the calculations.

It is also possible to do the scaling inside of the task by setting up the properties for the channel inside MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,779 Views)

Thanks

Actually i also read that as per the linear presssensors we can scale them with Y =mX+C but what is M and C how can I calculate it?

How can I calculate Temperature from Voltage?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,758 Views)

Pressure transmitter with 4mA to 20mA, 1 to 5V can read -1 to 10 bar values

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,754 Views)

I am sure you have had this in school but perhaps forgotten it. Or you do not see the link to practical use.

Take a look here.

http://www.hyper-ad.com/tutoring/math/algebra/linear%20functions%20and%20straight%20lines.html

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,744 Views)

Thanks for reminding me the equations.

I am still struggling for conversion of Voltage to Temperature conversion, I am using RTD sensor, Pt100ohm and Voltage conversion to Level (meter), I am using wire type sensor for tank level.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,720 Views)

Do you have the alpha value for your RTD? Are you exciting it with constant current or in a voltage divider or bridge configuration? Do you have a formula for the resistance as a function of temperature (usually found in the manufacturer's literature)?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,710 Views)

Look in the Numeric >> Scaling palette.  There is a function called Convert RTD.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,700 Views)

Thanks!

I have another question,

while taking pressure measurement, I have well grounded the AI wires and secondly I also put RSE in the create channel.

But still the pressure values keep fluctuating rapidly, I am unable to recieve a stable value.

How can rectify it?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,666 Views)