From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I control PIC programmer with LabVIEW

hi int_man::
                i cannot find your attached vis? Where are they ? thanks
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 48
(4,966 Views)

Another Try With Attachments

Download All
Message 22 of 48
(4,937 Views)
I am very appreciative your solution.

I have been had this problem for a long time

thank you Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 48
(4,879 Views)
i get another question. i tried your vi and connect PM3 with PC by USB ,So i configure it to beC:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB IDE\Programmer Utilities\PM3CMD\PM3Cmd.exe -5 -P16F684  -Fd:\x1.hex -M . then run the vi. it failed and says "| Could not establish communications using USB." .In my pc, i use USB Keyboard and mouse. do you have any same experience like it ? and how to resolve ? thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 48
(4,765 Views)

Hi ATEProject,

I haven't had very good luck working with the USB port on the MPLAB PM3 programmer.  You have to be carefull to install the MPLAB software before you connect the programmer, otherwise the wrong drivers will get loaded and the USB won't work or will work very slowly.  There are extensive notes in the MPLAB installation guide alerting the user  to this issue.  There are also instructions on what to do if inadvertently do this.

I use the serial connection, specifically com 1.  You may want to try that.

Baud Rate 57,600

Data Bits 8

Parity None

Stop Bits 1

Flow Control hardware

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 48
(4,750 Views)

Hi All

I am trying to change the calibration memory (0xFF) of the IC. MPLAB IDE can do that by changing at the setting tab. However, i can't find any method doing that  by using PM3CMD.exe. Anyone has any idea how to do that? Thanksa lot!

regards

rebecca

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 48
(4,662 Views)

Hi All

I am trying to change the calibration memory (0xFF) of the IC. MPLAB IDE can do that by changing at the setting tab. However, i can't find any method doing that  by using PM3CMD.exe. Anyone has any idea how to do that? Thanksa lot!

regards

rebecca

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 48
(4,655 Views)
Sorry, here is the attachment
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 48
(4,654 Views)

Rebecca,

I have taken a look at the information you have provided, but it isn't very specific about the big picture of what you are doing.  Also, it looks like this is an entirely different issue than the chain of previous posts.  I would suggest providing more information and creating a new thread with a title that specifically describes your issue.  Thanks.

Jason W.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 48
(4,632 Views)
Rebecca,

I have worked extensively with the MPLAB PM3 programmer using LabVIEW and the pm3cmd.exe.  I haven't work with the calibration function.  I used the pm3cmd.exe /? command and it returns all the available switches along with the proper syntax.  I didn't see any specific information or commands for calibration.  Microchip has a forum where you can post this question.  This may be your best alternative.

regards 

jayme
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 48
(4,617 Views)