From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I control PIC programmer with LabVIEW

Hi all,

We use LabView 7.1 to drive (fully automated) the PM3 and ProMateII for in circuit programming of PICs. We spent some time looking around for suitable drivers, but drew a blank. Subsequently we wrote our own LabView libraries to automate the common functions associated with MPLAB.

I'll submit the library to the developer zone. Hopefully it'll solve your problems with the minimum of effort.

kind regards,  Paul

Message 11 of 48
(5,321 Views)

Thanks for the help Paul, Smiley Very Happy

I need to try this communication method ASAP.

Can you please send me the link to the location in the Development  Zone (I wasn't able to locate it), or attach a copy of the VI to this thread.

THANKS Again.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 48
(5,299 Views)

I would be interested in this topic as well.  I just started learning to use the PIC (unfortunatly self taught)  but have a great deal of experience with LV.  I was excited to see the embedded and FPGA LV programming module to be released and hope to see LV for microcontrolers someday (PIC or other).  the dataflow model of programming would be awsome with the PIC.  Being able to delpoy your LV code (most likely a subset of LV) to microcontrolers would easily fit with the Labview everywhere motto..  On a side note Lego NXT has been released (I havent tried it yet) but a varient of G/Labview programming is used to program an ARM based microprecessor for robotic applications so I know that this is all possible.  Lots of cool stuff out there and so little time.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 48
(5,295 Views)

I just had to start to do the same - writing a device library for the Promate II - And, as I don't like to re-invent the wheel, I am also very interrested...

grz...

Luc

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 48
(5,181 Views)
Have anyone found the vi's in the developer zone ? Or didn't Paul send it there ?
I'm very interested in these vi's, because to save me time for programming...
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 48
(5,123 Views)
Hi Paul,

Did you ever post the MPLAB libraries to the Developer Zone. I did a search and I was unable to locate them.
I noticed that several other individuals are also interested.

Could you please give me the URL to their location or could you post them to a message.

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 48
(5,102 Views)

hi Pow:

Where can i find the vi ? thanks

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 48
(4,789 Views)

@ateproject wrote:

hi Pow:

Where can i find the vi ? thanks

Hello ATEProject,

If you are inquiring about the vi that Paul Landis (A.K.A. Paul in Johannesburg)stated he would post in the developer zone, it is not there. I along with several other individuals are also interested in the library and/or drivers that he has developed.

I have develop several Vis that use the command line utility pm3cmd.exe that is provided by Microchip. The Vis work well if you only want to communicate to one programmer at a time. In our application we are attempting to control multiple PM3 programmers simultaneously so are looking at controlling the PM3 programmer with direct calls.

regards

Int_man
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 48
(4,717 Views)
hi int_man:
           could your attach your vi for reference use ? thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 48
(4,643 Views)

@ateproject2007 wrote:
hi int_man:

could your attach your vi for reference use ? thanks.

Here are the Vis. They are written in LabVIEW 8.0
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 48
(4,629 Views)