From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the defaultcolor of the plots in a xy-graph, when there is a large series of plots in that graph

In LabVIEW 6 the defaultcolor of a plot in an xy graph is different for every plot. I use large series of plots to draw errorbars on my datapoints. It In LabVIEW 5 the default color was white, which was fine. Now my graph is excessive colorfull.
Changing in a loop the color of every plot is far too slow. I need to change the default color.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,404 Views)
> How can I change the defaultcolor of the plots in a xy-graph, when
> there is a large series of plots in that graph
>
> In LabVIEW 6 the defaultcolor of a plot in an xy graph is different
> for every plot. I use large series of plots to draw errorbars on my
> datapoints. It In LabVIEW 5 the default color was white, which was
> fine. Now my graph is excessive colorfull.
> Changing in a loop the color of every plot is far too slow. I need to
> change the default color.
>

It isn't currently possible to affect the default colors. To speed up
the loop setting colors, you can either make the plots on the graph be
empty or better and easier, set the panel property to Defer Panel
Updates to True, set the colors, then set to False.

Greg McKaskle
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,404 Views)
Try creating a custom control. Right-click on an XY Graph on a new VI. Select Advanced >> Customize... Expand the number of plots shown in the Plot Legend by using the Resizing and Positioning tool to the number of plots you normally use. Change all of the colors to white (or any other color you choose). Save this Custom Control. Now you have an XY Graph with a large number of plots set to white for the plot color.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,404 Views)