From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the Y-axis (circular) grid spacing, in Polar Plot VI?

When using Polar Plot VI, I need more control over the plotting parameters. This means tweaking the sub-VIs in various ways. What I need to do most is make the polar magnitude axis less busy, i.e. only draw circles every 10 instead of every 5 divisions, when using a range of 0 (outermost) to -80 (innermost).

The magic 'magnitude axis subdivisions' variable seems to be generated in Calc Scale Specs sub-VI, and output as an array of clusters, but I can't quite see how it's created and from what.

Please can anyone help me gain control over the number of magnitude division circles generated?

Many thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,696 Views)
I think if you go inside the Calc Increment.vi and modify the Increment output terminal it might change what you want to see. Try putting a multiply by 5 or ten into the case structure for when the log is false.
Download All
Message 2 of 3
(2,688 Views)
Thanks, that's cracked it.

Soon, I'd like to rewrite the polar plot VI to allow more control over the grid parameters! I've just got to figure out how to refer to the sub-sub-VI variables from the main VI's front panel, then we'll be laughing.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,670 Views)