LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the Fuzzy example backward parking to a roundabout?

Hi 

I'm new to LabVIEW and fuzzy logic. Being given a small problem to modify the backwards parking car example into a roundabout that the car goes around in a circle. Anyone know how I would go about accomplishing this or of any tutorials that would be similar? Something like in the picture is what I'm trying to accomplish .

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,244 Views)

Hi, 
I think this tutorial might interest you. And also you can find other tutorials about fuzzy systems in the same page. 
You can use circle formula ` (x−a)2 + (y−b)2 = r to make car go along a given trajectory.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,166 Views)

Thanks for the reply. Would that be changed in this part of the program? The fourth line is really confusing me

Untitled11.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,145 Views)

Hi again,
Hope You are doing well,

Yes the new position should be given in that part. You should give him parameters as new X Y position, Vehicle Orientation and Steering Angle. I
And here's one useful link about creating linguistic variables. And one link's about fourth line (New vehicle orientation)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,107 Views)

A couple of considerations here:

• Fuzzy table size (5x5) or bigger
  • Turning radius of vehicle (forward direction only if center is a keep out)
  • Speed of vehicle vs. Re-evaluation rate (might change size of table)
  • Other factors that could contribute to the overall function/response
    • Quadrant
    • Orientation
    • Travel direction
    • System response capabilities (Read / Evaluate / Command)

Fuzzy systems would perform the following with possibly multiple fuzzy controls for step1 and the others (Steps 2-4 controlled by same table):

1. Is car traveling in proper direction - If yes continue to next step; otherwise, turn to max (turning radius may need to be taken into account) and re-run current step
  2. Is car travelling within desired path - If yes, Do Nothing (center of table intersects); otherwise continue to next step
  3. Is car within desired path - If yes, Turn away (Use table to determine turn rate); otherwise, continue to next step
  4. Is car outside of desired path - If yes, Turn in (Use table to determine turn rate); otherwise return to step 1 until car is reliably following desired path then it can return to step 2 for a better controlled response
Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,102 Views)

Thanks for your response I appreciate you taking the time to help me learn.

Since my last reply I have constructed my own system to replace the initial one. In mine the car will reverse or drive to the centre from any position and once there will start reversing in circle at roughly the mid-point. I didn't modify the LabVIEW program in anyway however. I tried changing the formula to somehow set a midpoint to replace the garage so the car would aim for that instead but to no avail. I can understand a Fuzzy System which is my goal so I'm happy with that but the LabVIEW program and formula editing still seem advanced for me. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,073 Views)