LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change attributes of multiple front panel objects at the same time?

Every time I setup a UI in Labview (6.1, 7.0, or 7.1), I find myself setting an attribute, the same attribute, for multiple identical front panel objects to the same setting.  Usually, I try to mitigate this by setting the attributes before I make copies of the original object; however, I am often changing things as I program which leads to my problem.   So is there a way to select several identical/similar objects and set the same attribute on all of them to the same setting all at once (instead of 20 times/attribute)?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,519 Views)
Well you can build a support tool VI that will do it for you. You can point it at the VI you want to modify and the support tool VI would get a reference to its front panel and then get a list of all its front panel objects (some recursion may be necessary here if you want to work down inside arrays, clusters, tabbed pages and so forth) and it can then go through setting the attributes of the objects. As an example of this there are VI's floating around on both this forum and LAVA that will go through a target VI and check it for invisible controls/indicators and make the invisible ones visible. Here's an example.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,514 Views)
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,502 Views)
And just so you don't feel too discouraged, this has been a feature request for a while, and it is currently slated to be included in a future LabVIEW version.

-D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,494 Views)
If you are setting up the controls exactly the same, just drag and existing good control into your new vi.  If you are making multiple copies of the same control, you can hold down the ctrl key as you drag and it will make a copy instead of moving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,490 Views)