From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I build a source distribution with dependencies in a llb or specified target folder?

Just to update this thread, while Travis' solution did seem to work at first when I tried it with a test project, with my actual large project the 8.2 source distribution is so flakey and misplaces so many vi's anyway this solution doesn't work either.  Even when I refresh dependencies and add them to the project, then deliberately specify the destination of the dependencies project folder, the dependencies still go to the same directory as the caller in many cases.  Perhaps it's because my project folder is also called dependencies?  I don't know.  I'm not sure why but it doesn't care that I specified the destination of anything, and no its not because of something simple like I have preserve hierarchy checked.  Its just not working.  It takes so long just to load the build I'm getting tired of trying.

I ended up writing my own code to do my source distribution for me.  I'm thinking of selling it as a third-party toolkit add-on ha ha ha.

Message Edited by billings11 on 06-24-2008 01:56 PM
-Devin
I got 99 problems but 8.6 ain't one.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(773 Views)

Hi,

I'm also having trouble building Source Dists with LV 8.2.1.

Do you still have the application you made, and do you mind sharing it ? 😃

Regards Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(668 Views)

I switched to this application after a little bit.  This makes a duplicate directory which contains your entire hierarchy.  I never could get a system to work properly that could change the relative paths and relink the subvi's to their new paths.  But I really like this program and I use it all the time.  Run LVCleanup.vi, then with it running, open the top level vi of the application you want to ditribute.  Then press click to finish.  It detects all vi's in memory and copies them to a new location in a new folder.  It never overwrites anything and is also helpful for cleaning up you directories because it won't grab unused vi's.  Be aware it may not get lvproj files or some new LV 8 support files because it was written before they existed.

-Devin
I got 99 problems but 8.6 ain't one.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(657 Views)