LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I automatically sweep ten channels on/off one after the other

Hi all!

I have a problem. I need to test 10 physical led channels automatically one after the other.

The idea is that labview should automatically put the first channel on and for example after 10 ms it puts first channel off and second channel on and then after 10 ms second channel off and third on and so on...

Is it possible to execute with labview? And if so, how?

I didn't even find the button which I can turn on/off automatically... (without press the button myself)

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,048 Views)

You're not going to find a button to do this - you have to do the programming to do that. It's like asking "where is the button to do this in Visual Studio?" Your question lacks a lot of details. What kind of DAQ hardware are you using? What are these LED channels? What kind of signal is it? What do you mean by putting the channels "on"? Are you enabling some sort of power supply? What have you tried so far? Have you looked at the DAQmx examples? Have you read the article in the NI KnowledgeBase on Getting Started with DAQmx?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,044 Views)

So I have a device where is 10 led channels and I control it by labview with "VISA serial". I already can put the leds of the device "on/off" by labview and then there is a function generator in that device too. With it I can generate sinewaves and by Labview I can choose the frequency and phase of that sinewave. I have also NI USB-6211 data acquisition card that I can measure the voltage of leds. I already have proper labview program for that so the measuring is not the problem.

The problem is that I should automatically put those leds "on/off" one after the other with some delay between them. That should be very fast. I can do it already manually like this: I put the first led "on" by pressing the button by labview and then I can measure, then I press the button again and the first led is going "off", then I press another button which control the second LED and the second led is going "on" and I can measure, then second LED "off", third "on", measuring, third "off", fourth "on", measuring, fourth "off" and so on... But I should be able to do that automatically and a lot faster.

Then finally I answer your questions too:

What kind of DAQ hardware are you using? DAQ hardware is NI USB-6211.

What are these LED channels? LED channels are the channels of device where is one LED for each channel.

What kind of signal is it? Signal is voltage signal (sinewave + light of LED).

What do you mean by putting the channels "on"? Putting channel "on" means that the LED is putting "on".

Are you enabling some sort of power supply? No. There is own power supply in the device.

What have you tried so far? I have tried to find some buttons which I can control automatically by labview. That is why because I should be able to put those leds "on/off" without manually press the button by mouse.  

Have you looked at the DAQmx examples? Yes I have many times.

Have you read the article in the NI KnowledgeBase on Getting Started with DAQmx? Yes and the DAQ device is working properly already.

Thanks for the answer and hopefully this interpolation help you to help me more Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,027 Views)