From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I Save and Load the Configuration File of a VNA HP8510C with LabView

Hello, I'm working with a HP8510C. In order to simplfy the use, I try to save and to load the configuration file. Actually, such files are saved in the HP8510C, but there is only 4 places to save. It will be more interresting when I can storage this file in the computer with Labview. I don't have found anything about in the Documentation.
Has someone already deal with such a question?

Géraud DEVOS
IWE Karlsruhe
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,396 Views)

geraudIWE a écrit:
Hello, I'm working with a HP8510C. In order to simplfy the use, I try to save and to load the configuration file. Actually, such files are saved in the HP8510C, but there is only 4 places to save. It will be more interresting when I can storage this file in the computer with Labview. I don't have found anything about in the Documentation.
Has someone already deal with such a question?

Géraud DEVOS
IWE Karlsruhe

Hello GerauIWE,

Have you try to use the Hewlett-Packard 8510C Instrument Driver?
You can download it on :
http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niid_web_display.drv_results?p_app_area=&p_man=hewlettPackard&p_keywords=8510c&p_inst_type=&p_env=845&p_drv_type=&p_int=

Best Regards,

Sanaa T
National Instruments France
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,386 Views)
Thanks for your answer. I have already download and use the Drivers. I can do many things with. Change the configuration as I will, but thing by thing... I use the application exemple, and too the Sub VI.

My problem is that you can save your configuration in the HP in a file, that avoid you to re-do the calibration, qnd the configuration. The problem is that there is only 4 place to save this file with a resolution of 801 points. I try to be able to load and save this file from my PC.

There is a HP software which seems to be able to do this, but I wonder if it also exist a Command Line I can use in Labview. I have to work on this, however.

Geraud DEVOS
IWE
g-ro@netcourrier.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,382 Views)