LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I grab Markers from analyzer to display on labview waveform?

How do I grab markers from analyzer to display on labview waveform? I have a Rohde & Schwars ESIB7 and the drivers. I have a CW @ 1.4 GHz I can peak search it and display it on the labview waveform. I am able to do a 99% BW on it as well however I cant see the markers or the marker information that I see on the analzyer. I can grab the information and display it in a numeric form however I would like to display the marker position/information exactly how I see it on the analzyer.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,679 Views)
Hi MrSafe,
if you write your waveform to a graph, then you can show the marker as a cursor.
Mike
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,668 Views)
Well currently I have the measured waveform outputed to a waveform graph but I don't see cursors even though I have them enabled I will upload the VI file tomorrow to help give a better explaination of my problem.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,664 Views)
I have attached the vi to my post. I hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,631 Views)
You set the cursor position with a property node. When you have multiple cursors, you will have to first write to the Active Cursor property.

p.s. The image came out a little weird. The 0 constant is wire to the active cursor input and a control is wired to the PosX. This would actually be the value from your read.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 05-19-2008 09:45 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,626 Views)
I see I will try that I'm not sure how to use the property node I only recently started using labview. Could you possibly point me in the direction of a toturial on how to use that property node?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,623 Views)
Right click on an object and select Create>Property. You can browse the available properties. Right click on a property and select Help. You should also have the Context Help window open at all times.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,621 Views)
Yes I do see that thank you. I will post here again if I run into problems.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,617 Views)
I can't seem to locate the icon you posted. Is this specifc for drivers? I right clicked my graph>cursor>cursor position>all elements
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,615 Views)

You should have this.

Property nodes have nothing to do with instrument drivers. They pertain to the LabVIEW application, a VI, or a control/indicator. Once you have created a property node, you can write click on it and change it to be either a property you write to or a property you read from. When first created, it is a property that is read. Right click on it and select Chagne to Write. You can also drag the property node ot create additional properties. Or, right click and select Add Element.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 05-19-2008 10:24 AM
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,611 Views)