LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I make a slide button1 autoslide another slidebutton2 to false if S.B.2 is True??

Hi all
How Can I make this Work! Look at my VI example.

The VI runs, and the I start to switch the Integrating slide to true. and the random data can be seen in the Peak And Volume indicators.

Then if I swith the Flow/Temp slide to True (Temp) and the Integrating slide is true, I want the it (The integrating slide) to auto switch to false.

Now If i switch the The integrating slide to true it must remain true!,

So If I then swith the Flow/Temp Slide back to false( Flow), Nothing happens with the Integrating slide.

If I then switch the  Flow/Temp Slide to true( Temp), The integrating slide must reset to off again. and so on...
Sorry for the long explaination.

In my Attached Vi, I got it work autoswitching to false, but when The F/T slide is set to Temp, the Integrating slide will not switch to true!!

Can any body see the problem!
rgards
 ZAMZAM 
HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,219 Views)
I have attached a modification of your VI. I used the event structure to handle the Flow/Temp Value Change event. I also removed the peak detector, which was not included, so that I could test.

Lynn
Message 2 of 4
(2,211 Views)

I thought using an eventhandler, but choosed not to, coz of all the processes i got in the rest my applaication.

I tried really hard to do it with out a event structure but no succes.

Anyway ...johnsold... you are a champ. a lot of thanks to you.

Meaby it seems better with your eventhandler methode.

Regards

Zamzam

HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,202 Views)
The event handler is intended to make the user interface easier and to use fewer CPU cycles polling front panel controls. What you want can be done without it. See the attached file. For one control it is not too much different. If you had 5-10 controls or their interaction was more complex, the event handler would have a greater advantage. Also the event handler can easily monitor numeric or string inputs, enums, and other controls.

Lynn
Message 4 of 4
(2,196 Views)