From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I lock multiple VIs simultaneously

I have several hundred VIs that I would like to open, lock, and password protect (with the same password).  Is there an automated way to do this?  I was hoping to not have to open each and every VI

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,623 Views)

You can use attached Locking tool....if you are using LV 2010 or newer. I do not take any responsibility though.....

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,611 Views)

I can't open your example Do you happen to have a 2009 version?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,588 Views)

Sorry, no. This utility relies on some features of LV 2010 (inlining) and cannot be downcoverted because of this...

In essence, i am using VI Server similar to this:

LockingVIs.png

The tool includes some nice features, but for your request, it boils down to more or less this....

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,580 Views)

@Norbert B wrote:

...if you are using LV 2010 or newer...

Actually there are no diagrams, so you can't use it in newer versions.  Could you please post the source code or even a password-protected version so that it runs on the current LabVIEW?

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,500 Views)

Here the LLB in version LV 2011 with blockdiagrams. They should be password protected though.....

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,484 Views)