From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotkeys (e.g. ctrl + e to toggle block diagram and front panel) not responsive.

As the subject says, I am having difficulty with the keyboard shortcuts for LabVIEW 2018 on Win10.

Ctrl-anything is problematic.  I have to leave the keyboard untouched for ~1sec. then very deliberately press Ctrl and then e to switch to the block diagram. 

This is across several machines, and I have never experienced it before in >15yrs of LV development. 

Any idea what could be causing the issue?

Keyboard incl. shortcuts are working fine in all other Windows apps.  Drop-down menus are normally responsive.  Typing in LabVIEW shows normally responsive keyboard.  Only keyboard shortcuts are having the issue.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,875 Views)

I don't see that at all. Does it also happen with a new and empty VI?

(Is this 32bit or 64bit LabVIEW?)

Stabbing in the dark: Are the VIs very large (or contain gigantic amounts of data in graphs/charts/arrays)? Any key navigation assigned?

Message 2 of 4
(1,865 Views)

Thanks for your response.   It does happen with a blank VI but only if a larger VI is open.  I.e. if I open only a blank VI in LV, hotkey response is normal.  If I open a blank VI after loading a larger VI it is a problem.

However, the 'larger' VI is not very large, but it does have an activeX container with an image.  This appears to be the root of the problem, since when I remove the activeX object, behavior becomes normal again.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,850 Views)

Also 32-bit LV.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,849 Views)