LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotkey to Open Clone in Edit Mode

I've been working a lot with clones lately and I'm getting tired of double clicking on a subvi, pressing CTRL+M, closing the clone and then pressing CTRL+E to open the block diagram. Is there a built-in solution to this sequence?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,139 Views)

What I do is start from the Project and simply open the VI.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,115 Views)

That's one way I've tried but I find that it requires remembering the name of the subvi that I want to find. It seems like a, say, SHIFT+Double Click, could bring it up with little fuss. Right now, CTRL+Double Click will bring up the clone and its block diagram which seems pretty useless. Can I automate this kind of procedure for my own development machine using scripting?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,103 Views)

@B_Strange wrote:

Can I automate this kind of procedure for my own development machine using scripting?

Yes and no. The relevant properties (getting the original VI ref from the subVI, opening the windows) should all exist, but the problem will be with triggering the sequence quickly.

You have Quick Drop keyboard shortcuts, which are built in, but require two key combos. This is probably your best bet, because two key combos is still pretty fast, especially when you keep your finger on the Ctrl key. Just write the scripting code and assign it a shortcut you want.

The other option is either installing some other editing assistant, like LVSpeak, or using something like AutoHotkey to execute the relevant sequence of key presses.

(3,056 Views)