From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot to get a strain reading using Labview, SCC-SG04

I have tried using an example which comes with labview but the reading i am getting is way off. I have already taken strain readings with a much older, but used and proven system. The reading I am getting is not changing when i change the loading. This isn't good. Has anyone out there got experience with strain measurement systems using labview. If so please help. I gotta have this project done by next week.
Thanks,
David
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,158 Views)
David,

Could you supply more information about you systems configuration, which example have you tried. What DAQ card are you connected to, have you configured MAX for the SC-2345 and the specific SCC-SG-04 module connected to that DAQ card (this is required so that the signal is conditioned correctly). Please be aware that this requires a Full Bridge strain gauge transducer (SG-04 excitation current is 60mA, sensor needs to be 350 ohm type).

It maybe simpler to contact the UK Support team.

Kind regards

Joe

(NI)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,150 Views)