LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal Scale change while acquiring single waveform with the scope Tektronix DPO5034

I am using Labview to generate a square wave (1V, offset 0.5V, freq 150kHz) using Tektronix AFG3022B and to acquire the same waveform with the scope Tektronix DPO5034, using an example VI that came with the instrument driver. While the y scale in the waveform graph automatically changes when I change the input amplitude of the signal, however when I change the frequency of the signal, I constantly have to go back to the scope to adjust its scale so that I can see the waveform on my Labview waveform graph. Can I automatically have the horizontal scale adjusted so that I can see atleast 3 or 4 or 5 periods of the waveform at any given time? Alternatively, can I change the scale of the horizontal axis through Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,984 Views)

It sounds like there are a couple ways to address this issue. The first would be to look into the Tektronix documentation and find the serial commands for adjusting the scale programmatically. It is likely that the "autoconfigure" VI that I see in the example files are just setting the window to the same scale every time the program is run. It looks like there are plenty of VIs in the driver sets, only a handful of which are used in the examples. One of these may be a more complex setup VI.

Yes, you could change the scale of the x axis, but the usefulness will depend on the information that LabVIEW is receiving. If the waveform that is sent from the scope to LabVIEW only contains a few periods, you won't be able to expand to more data. If it is receiving plenty of data and you want to change the scale, you could do that with property nodes fairly easily.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,935 Views)

You are already using the Tektronix drivers.  There should be a command in there to set the horizontal settings.  If you know what frequency you are looking at, you just need to invert to get the period, multiply by how many periods you want on the screen, and then divide by the number of divisions on the scope (usually 10).  That will give you the time/div setting that you set.  Do this whenever you change the frequency of your input signal.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,919 Views)