LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holding data and Events in subs.

Morning,
I feel I am trying to do something simple but for some reason not seeing the simple solution. Thanks for any help you got. I expect to be embarrassed.

I have a 2d array that is the output of an a2d, Channels/Samples. Our program takes a window of time data, stores it and does it again. All I want to do is go from live data on all channels to one of the channels held with old data till I release it.

I have the data channel extracted and saved to an array. Then it comes down to a case or event structure that grabs the saved array and tells the output array to use live or held data.

I never found a way to make just the case statement work so I added an event structure to trigger the capture of the held data. That works but when I put it in a sub vi I can not seem to trigger the event from the main panel. Only works if I open the sub and hit the button on the sub vi. I could move the event to the main vi but would rather it stay in the sub as I have other things I want it to do later and no room left for much code in the main.

Pic attached. This is just the shape it was in when I quit.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,199 Views)

Action Engine

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,191 Views)