From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitachi F-1080 25-pin serial connection data aquisition

Hello, I have a flourescence detector (Hitachi F-1080) that I am trying to aquire a signal from with using labview. I currently have labview 2014 and some programming already in place to control my valves, method timings, and pump. My detector was originally connected through recorder port (from the back of the F-1080) via coaxial to a box that communicates with my PC. This shows a weak signal in the form of millivolts. I have since then changed to the 25-pin port that is a digital signal. I am trying to create a VI that will aquire the signal and display a chromatograph. It is connected thru COM1 right now but am unable to aquire any kind of signal at the moment. 

Megan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,354 Views)
Not nearly enough information. You have not provided any code, the programming manual, or how you actually have it wired. Before playing around with any LabVIEW code, verify communication with MAX or a terminal emulation program such as putty.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,340 Views)

The F-1080 is connected through RS-232C the 25-pin port. I also have a RS232 Mini tester attached and currently the TD is lit green, RTS is lit red, and the RD on the computer side is lit green. Others (DSR, CD, CTS, and DTR) remain unlit. This 25 pin port is connected to COM1 on my laptop with a null modem to swap the pins. I also have the manual to the F-1080 if that is needed for anyone that can help me. When posting yesterday, I did not have any coding done for the Hitachi F-1080, but since then have received some coding from another scientist that used this detector with labview. I am still having trouble aquiring the signal. Attached is the VI file. Note on the VI, he had two seperate instruments attached, detector and a valve. I only need coding to capture the signal from the detector. When I run the VI, the detector displays " Terminal Error" and the text file data output only has the date and time. I am a beginner with labview and with the flourescence detector so let me know if I need to explain it better. Thank you for any help you can give me!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,303 Views)

The manual I can attach tomorrow. Digital copy is at home. The only communication that was verified with PuTTY is hitting the Enter key on the computer and an error message comes up on the detector. No other commands can be typed into PuTTY. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,300 Views)
With an error in putty, you have a basic communication problem and not one with LabVIEW. Your port settings could be wrong, the cable miswired, etc. Looking forward to seeing the manual.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,293 Views)

Having issues posting to this forum. Tried repeatedly to upload the manual in PDF format. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,255 Views)

Dennis_Knutson do you have an email address that I could email the manual to? There is an error each time I try to upload the manual, maybe the file is to big, I don't know. I also tried to upload in a zip folder, but no luck.

I do believe it is a communication error between the computer (Panasonic Toughbook) and detector (Hitachi F-1080 Flourescence Detector). Thanks so much for your help!

Megan 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,207 Views)