From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Historical data retrieval problem

Hiya everyone. I've taken over responsibility for an application developed in LV 8.2 with DSC and I'm encountering a problem that has me stumped. The program records data to a Citadel database for the customer to remotely retrieve historical data for trending analysis. I rolled the software out to a new group of users a few months ago but one user was a legacy from a previous install. Thanks to IT rules, I was not allowed local admin control for the customer machines to install software, but the legacy user was installed via local admin control. I push the updated executable to each user via shared folders on the network once the RTE is installed by IT.

When I attempt to query the database to retrieve historical data, I get the following error:

-1967362045 HIST_HistoricalTrendsToSpredsheetCORE.vi, IAK_SHARED:  (Hex 0x8ABC7003) Operation timed out.

I tried querying for very small amounts of data with no luck. I updated the application to turn on the progress bar to see how far the retrieval process was getting, it never seemed to get off of 0%. I increased the timeout to 5 minutes from default of 30 seconds, no change.

The legacy user is able to hit the databases and retrieve data. IT tells me our folder structure is the same with regard to permissions. I ran the program while my firewall (Sophos) was open looking for blocked ports or applications, and nothing seemed to pop up. I have checked the legacy users and my registry and firewall settings, they look identical.

I can't run the uncompiled VI to trace what's going on thanks to IT rules, so I'm not sure how I can troubleshoot the executable.

Anyone have any ideas how I can troubleshoot and/or fix this behavior?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,383 Views)

Hi,

You can troubleshoot the executable using Highlight Execution. In order to that you need to check the "Enable debugging" in the Advanced category under the build specifications. Once you run the executable in highlight execution you should be able to see which VI is causing problems.  From the error message it looks like it is "HIST_HistoricalTrendsToSpredsheetCORE.​vi", but it might be other VIs as well.

Also, when you said RTE did you mean the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine? For deploying DSC applications you also need to install DSC Run-time System. Otherwise the DSC VIs that are part of the executable will not work.

Sev K.
Senior Systems R&D Engineer | Wireless | CLA
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,356 Views)

Pardon my error. I have LV 8.2 RT, 8.2 DSC RT and Datasocket 4.4.0 installed.

I have built a version that allows me to probe and trace around my block diagrams to see everything grind to a halt when it hits the Labview Write Traces to Spreadsheet.vi. I can see the appropriate info being populated into the inputs for Write Traces to Spreadsheet, but it times out returning the same error as before.

Drilling down into the executable reveals more code that I can't get past when looking at the uncompiled (password protected) VI. Unfortunately, I can't probe the wires once I'm inside the password protected VI but it doesn't look like my info is getting pushed into the subVIs for Write Traces to Spreadsheet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,338 Views)

Hi,

Can you save the inputs to the "Write Traces to Spreadsheet.vi" as constants and create a blank VI that just writes data to a spreadsheet to see if you get the same error message.Error 1967362045 indicates that the VI has timed out. Most likely it is because there is a problem with accessing or writing to a file. If you are still getting that error message please post the code of a simple VI that illustrates this error.

Sev K.
Senior Systems R&D Engineer | Wireless | CLA
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,320 Views)