LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Historical Trace Data to Dynamic Data

I have a cluster 2 elements (1Darray of Timestamps and 1D array of double), the output from the Read Trace.vi in the DSC module pallet.  I am trying to send this data to the DIAdem Report express vi.  This vi requires Dynamic data as an input.  How do I convert the cluster into Dynamic Data?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Todd

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,944 Views)

Todd,

We cannot convert directly from a cluster.  We can use the Unbundle/Unbundle by Name VIs to get out the components needed.  I would then encourage you to use the "Convert to Dynamic Data.VI" depending on you might need to do something like what DFGray does in this related forum post.  How are you looking to pass this in?  Are you going to pass the data to both Signals 1&2?

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,918 Views)

I have done just what I think you are saying.  Unbundle by name and then use the "Convert to Dynamic Data.vi" to send it to the express vi.  I have been sucessful with the data portion in doing this.  The problem that arrises is with the timestamp.  Since my dt is not consistant I can not convert to a waveform and then to dynamic data. I am thinking that I have to do something with xy data pairs?  This is where I get lost.

Thanks

Todd

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,914 Views)
Can you post your code or an example of your code so we can look at it?
Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,908 Views)
untitled.JPG
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,887 Views)