LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Histogrammeinstellungen

Hallo,

wie kann ich vom Frontpanel aus Einstellungen an der Klassenbreite bei Histogrammen vornehmen? Ich verwende LabVIEW 8.20 und über das ExpressVI Histogramm werden die Klassenhäufigkeiten als Stab- und Liniendiagramm ausgegeben. Nun will ich über das Frontpanel die Klassenbreite verändern können, während das VI ausgeführt wird. Kann ich minimale Klassenbreiten definieren?

Vielen Dank im voraus.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,982 Views)

As far as my German goes, I think you're asking for a way to programmatically change the settings of the "Create Histogram" ExpressVI. What you have to do is right-click on the ExpressVI icon and select the German equivalent to "Open Front Panel" - it's probably called "Frontpanel öffnen". That will change the ExpressVI to a regular SubVI and you can then edit its input and output terminals. Here's the Create Histogram after I converted it to a subVI and added the three additional inputs:

I hope that it answers your question.

Message Edited by Philip Courtois on 01-09-2007 05:10 PM

- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
Message 2 of 8
(2,965 Views)

Thanks a lot, now I have the next Problem, after changing the ExpressVI to a regular SubVI the Minimum and Maximum value is always 8 when I open the VI.

What can I do, if I don`t want to edit these values every time I open the VI. I want to define standard values for the Maximum, the Minimum value and the number of Bins. I only want to give the possibility to edit the number of bins on the frontpanel.

Thanks a lot for answering.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,951 Views)
Couldn't you just create a front panel numeric control for each value you want to control and then wire these controls into the Sub-VI you just created?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,937 Views)
That`s no problem to creat numeric controls and wire them with the SubVI, but that`s not what I want. Because I have many other graphs and numeric controls on the Frontpanel. The Minimum and Maximum value is always the same. It`s not necessary to change it for every measurement I do with my VI. If I solve the problem on this way I have every time I measure too many values to edit. In the Express VI Histogramm I could set the Minimum and Maximum values I want, but after converting it to a SubVI every time I open the VI there are values for Min and Max I can`t use. Perhaps the problem is only in storing the SubVI, I don`t know.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,931 Views)
Open the subVI once more, fill all controls with the desired default values, then go to "edit...make current values default". Save the VI again. 🙂

Whenver you leave an input uwired, the default will be used.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,917 Views)

As you can see in the attached screenshot I can not set the current values as default values.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,900 Views)
Hmmm, never seen that. Are you operating on a sytem VI or did you save it under a new name first?

In any case, try "ctrl+m" to go to edit mode first and see if things improve.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,891 Views)