From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hikvision PTZ with labview

Hello to everyone
I have Hikvision PTZ right now, I want to use this PTZ camera with labview, but I have no idea how to read video over ip address and control PTZ. Does anyone have an idea about this?
-I used IPCAM, it appears as a com port on NI-MAX, but there is a delay in the video stream and the IPCAM application must always remain open. Has anyone struggled with this problem before?

Any opinion is worthy of respect.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,234 Views)

In other software languages, it can get connection creation via ONVIF, but I guess there is no such example in labview. Anyone have experience with this?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,184 Views)

Have you checked out this thread and the links mentioned in there? https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Labview-and-IP-camera-interface/td-p/2583545

It won't be a plug and play solution of course and video handling is always a problematic area, not just in LabVIEW. There are countless codec standards, communication protocols and patents, licenses and more to take into account. It may seem simple since video is video, isn't it? But the technical and legal details behind it are very complex and involved.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,164 Views)

thanks for your answer.
I have studied the subject you suggested many times. But I have not reached any conclusion.
Plug and play with Labview, I think it may be possible with limited devices. Plug and play is not possible except for the specified devices.

There are many examples in other programming languages, but there is no good solution with labview.
-In other software languages, both video streaming and control can be done by using ONVIF device manager. But there is not even an example of this in labview.

By using ONVIF device manager, both video stream can be read and PTZ control can be made.
I guess that ONVIF device manager can be made using dll files, but I have no idea how to do it. Because I don't know which dll file should be used.
-The device I use uses H.264 and MPEG4 video compression.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,158 Views)

Have you checked Hikvision website?

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,146 Views)

mr.zou;

Yes, I visited.

Hikvision has no SDK with labview on their site.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Code/VLC-scripting-in-LabVIEW/ta-p/3515450?profile.language=en    I tested the examples here and managed to get images, but the streaming is a bit delayed.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,140 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,133 Views)

thanks for your effort.

I saw this How can I benefit from the SDKs here with labview?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,128 Views)

If you don't know how to use SDK in LabVIEW, or don't want to develop code, there are lots of post about using Hikvision in LabVIEW in Chinese.  Google LabVIEW 海康 (Hikvision).  Google can do the translation.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,120 Views)

Thanks for your suggestion. Although I don't have much experience in using sdk with labview, I will do some research. It would be better if I could find some sample applications.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,106 Views)