LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Higher frame rate possible using IMAQdx (upto 25-30 fps)?

Hi all,

I have been experimenting with USB cameras (and laptop inbuilt cameras) on my Windows (XP and Vista) computers for quite some time now. Until recently (for LabVIEW 8.6) I was using IMAQ for USB, which is now eliminated under the newer version and we are supposed to use only IMAQdx library.

I don't know if it's my perception or in fact, that the frame rate in IMAQdx is significantly lower than that using IMAQ for USB. Now that my computers are with IMAQdx drivers, I cannot verify the performance with the USB toolkit. But as I remember it was better.

I get the "acquired fps" frame rate of around 7 fps, whereas the "processed fps" shows a frame rate of 30 something (as for any normal webcam). Selecting "Wait for Next Frame?" as True, will give both the above values equal to the lower value (7 fps) not the 30 fps.

In the forum, I see many queries about the framerate enhancement, but for other platforms or cameras. How can I (or "Can I") set the acquired fps to 25-30? 

By the way, how come processed fps be greater than acquired fps? But my main concern is getting (showing and then transmitting over Internet using Shared Variables) a smooth video (25-30 fps) using IMAQdx using Windows computers. Is it possible?

(my test program attached).

Thanks ahead!

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,076 Views)