LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding the Indicators

Can any one help me. Iam trying to hide all the indicators in the front panel(in to a button).I have several Inputs of data,and each data is connected to an indicator. But I want to hide this indicators for some time. If a button is clicked then all this indicators should be displayed. If i dont click the button then the indicators shouldn't be displayed in the front panel.However it should still store its respective Input data.

Thank you.

Shanth.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,958 Views)
use the visible property node for the indicators
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,941 Views)

Hello Harlod,

Thanxs for your reply..But I really dont want to use the visible property node. I want to control the Indicators with a button like thing. When I hit a button it should display all the indicators.

Thank you,

Shanth.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,936 Views)

shanth422 wrote:

But I really dont want to use the visible property node. I want to control the Indicators with a button like thing. When I hit a button it should display all the indicators.

Well, to modify the visbility, you need a property node. This is all code, so you can do anything you want if a certain button is pressed, e.c. call a property node to switch visibility. Here's a quick example.

On a related node, you loop need a small or an event structure.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,931 Views)

Hello Altenbach,

Is there any way that can we just place only one box for all the indicators. If we hit that box then display all the indicators. Or else dont display the indicators.

Thank you,

Shanth.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,922 Views)
Yes, simply replace the array of booleans with a single switch, and assign the event to it as before. All the rest of the code remains the same.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,917 Views)

Of course in this case you don't really need all these controls and indicators. Use arrays instead!

Message Edited by altenbach on 07-29-2009 03:22 PM
Message 7 of 9
(2,909 Views)

Altenbach,

I replaced  the array with a single switch, but iam getting some kind of error. I dont want to use arrays because Iam using individual inputs in my code.

can u pls take a look at my vi once.

Thank you,

Shanth. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,883 Views)

shanth422 wrote:

I replaced  the array with a single switch, but iam getting some kind of error.

I think you attached my VI again. Can you be more specific what kind of error you get, seems to work just fine here.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,879 Views)