From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide splitter bars

Solved!
Go to solution

I know you can't make splitter bars transparent. But, I have an X Control which is set to scale with the pane. When it grows, things work fine but the splitter bars extend and it looks awful. Any suggestions? Maybe some kind of decoration to cover them.

Edit: I can't just resize the X Control facade smaller, because then I don't get the alignment on my graph correct. It will cut off the X Axis Label. I want the bottom of the graph to align with the bottom of the listbox, not the bottom of the graph bounds.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,055 Views)

This is what it looks like if I size the X Control facade so I don't see the splitters when it grows. I think it looks pretty bad. This is with teh bottom of the graph bounds aligned with the listbox

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,040 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GregFreeman

you can make the Classic splitter bar the same color as the background of the front panel...essentially making it transparent.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 3 of 9
(4,017 Views)

@aputman wrote:

you can make the Classic splitter bar the same color as the background of the front panel...essentially making it transparent.

Yup, for this to work you will need to programatically read the owning VI of your XControl, get the pane of that owning VI that the XControl is in, and then using the references to your splitters, change the color.  Sounds like a bit of a pain.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,005 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@aputman wrote:

Yup, for this to work you will need to programatically read the owning VI of your XControl, get the pane of that owning VI that the XControl is in, and then using the references to your splitters, change the color.  Sounds like a bit of a pain.

Or just paint it....assuming you won't be changing the background color.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,999 Views)

@aputman wrote:

Or just paint it....assuming you won't be changing the background color.

Why would you assume that?  I don't know what kind of front panel an XControl is being placed on.

EDIT: Maybe I mis-understood, where the splitters would be.  If they are in the facade and that doesn't change color then yes, make it the same color as the background.

DOUBLE EDIT:  Also there is this idea for a 0pixel splitter

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Allow-0pixel-size-splitter-bars/idi-p/1229909

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,993 Views)

You said it sounded like a lot of a pain.  I was just removing the pain.  Smiley Happy 

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,983 Views)

@aputman wrote:

You said it sounded like a lot of a pain.  I was just removing the pain.  Smiley Happy 

Yeah it is a pain working with panes for sure.  But honestly it is the best tool LabVIEW has today to handle window resizing.  Which is a little unfortunate.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,973 Views)

Old thread I know but I just found a different solution.  You can color the splitter the transparent color (0d16777216) and when the XControl is placed on a front panel the splitters will be transparent, and will look the color of the front panel on the new VI.  In the non-running Facade the splitters will look black.  The panes themselves by default should be transparent if the VI properties are set as described here.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,672 Views)