LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide boxes around controls when tabbing

When tabbing through controls on the front panel, the selected control is highlighted with a thin, black outline. Is there a way to hide this?

I am laying transparent controls over a background image that isn't compatible with the outline.

DnaleciKivajkyer_0-1663466642949.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(757 Views)

No, there's no way to avoid that key focus rectangle if you want tabbing...

You can disable tabbing though.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(683 Views)

I ran into this same problem with Quick Drop (it was the inspiration for this Idea Exchange post).

My workaround is to have a decoration that surrounds the control which is the exact size as the tabbing black box. The decoration is higher than the control in the Z-Plane order of the panel, which means that the tabbing black box isn't visible when it is shown. It's hacky, but it gets the job done. My Quick Drop UI example posted to the NI forums illustrates how to do this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(670 Views)

@Darren wrote:

I ran into this same problem with Quick Drop (it was the inspiration for this Idea Exchange post).

My workaround is to have a decoration that surrounds the control which is the exact size as the tabbing black box. The decoration is higher than the control in the Z-Plane order of the panel, which means that the tabbing black box isn't visible when it is shown. It's hacky, but it gets the job done. My Quick Drop UI example posted to the NI forums illustrates how to do this.

Yes, but OP has an image as background...

So to make this trick work, you'd need 4 partial image decorations to cover the focus rectangle.

Message 4 of 5
(664 Views)

I had an opposite experience.  I want the focus box more visible because I was using a dark blue background.  End up adding a light colored bar behind the control.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(656 Views)