From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi..I really don't understand how can labview can be a server, can you explain and give me some examples with steps on how to make the labview as a server? Please......

Solved!
Go to solution

If its using LabVIEW for TCP/IP client server application look here  & here

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,789 Views)

but how can we use excel to control the labview as a server? can it be done by using tcp/ip also?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,778 Views)

Pls give an overview of what you are trying to achieve so that you can get proper solution in this forum

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,774 Views)

erm ok i will explain...

actually..i know that labview can be a client or server. when the labview be a client, it can access other enable activeX application such as excel or word. i manage to do that a little such as to open excel file and save it at another location by using activeX functions or using the report generation toolkit. yes, i already know and understand the flow or concept of how the labview can be a client. But by using others activeX application especially excel, how can we make the labview be a server? i just need a very easy example and few steps for me to understand how can labview be a server or how excel can control the labview properties?

really desperate to increase new knowledge.....:-)

thank you very much for helping me....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,768 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author darul

You're confusing client/server with ActiveX. ActiveX is the ability to use functions from other programs, it has nothing to do with client/server.

Just like Excel has made a ActiveX export so can you do e.g. build a DLL for other programs to use.

/Y 

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,765 Views)

ohh...i see....erm..thanks for the explanation...really appreciate it....build other DLL for another application?? i'm sorry...i'm a new in this labview world....but i really to advance my understanding in this program....thanks again for your help....may god bless u.....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,762 Views)

Actually, client/server does apply to ActiveX. To control LabVIEW from another application, you use the VI Server Properties and methods and you do not need to create a dll.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,718 Views)

hello...now i'm using labview 8.5 for my final year project....i need to know how can i control the temperature sensor, pressure transducer also the load cell? can i convert the graph in VI into excell file by using labview 8.5? relly need help...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,659 Views)
Since your question has nothing to do with the original post, you really should have started a new thread.

You have not provided any details so in the new thread, provide information on the type of hardware you have to connect to the sensors. You don't control them. You measure their output.

LabVIEW comes with examples that show several ways you can export to Excel. There is ActiveX, writing as csv or tab separated text, TDMS, etc.

Have you taken any of the free online tutorials?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,651 Views)