LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I have subvi in subpanel does not update after opening

Hi I have a problem with subvi updating inside the subpanel, after opening.
I need  your advice, I am using  LabView 7.1.
I am asking  for your opinion before I can post my code  because it is very large and made of many files outside the folder.

Here's the description of my problem.
- In the main vi, it has an event structure to open 3 references of the files, based on the ring control, Not only that, it also has events for many controls.
- In each subvi, it also has an event structure ofr it's own controls to work inside
- After opening the subvi in the subpanel, the controls like strings, are not updated, till the main vi is minimised and maximised again. Then the controls are updated. Weird... But then other controls are unresponsive and in the end I aborted it.

Funny thing is that, when I stripped most of the parts, leaving the essential ones I wanted to focus and debug.
It seems working and no problem.

How am I going to troubleshoot? I don't have any faintest idea as to how to find the cause of trouble?

Clement
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,404 Views)

astroboy wrote:
Funny thing is that, when I stripped most of the parts, leaving the essential ones I wanted to focus and debug.
It seems working and no problem.

The only think i can think of, strip the parts one by one ... when it works, probably you will have find the prolem (the last stripped).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,375 Views)