From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey LabVIEW ever thought about putting the TOOLS pallet in the TOOLS tab?

Hey LabVIEW ever thought about putting the TOOLS pallet in the TOOLS tab?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,763 Views)

Doesnt make sense

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,722 Views)

Don't know about this, but I understand that the Tools palette has been removed from NXG (I heard this from an NI Sales Rep trying to "talk up" NXG at a User Group meeting, who heard back that "This means we're never going to use NXG, since we always program with the Tools active").

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 12
(2,752 Views)

My LabVIEW installation has no "Tools" tab.  Maybe that's why it isn't there?  I do know that third party tool kits can add their own entries.  Maybe that's a third party palette that you would like to see its analog in the Tools menu?

Edit:

Bob, where's the tools palette?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,749 Views)

Open VI, View, Tools Palette.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,740 Views)

Sorry to all the above using NXG

Im using LabVIEW 2018 still a great program wish i had more time to spend on it

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,739 Views)

FYI Shift-Right click gets you the Tools palette.

Message 7 of 12
(2,735 Views)

Notified the moderators to move this post to the appropriate board.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,705 Views)

@BertMcMahan wrote:

FYI Shift-Right click gets you the Tools palette.

HAHAHA THAT's the tools palette you're talking about.  It's so ubiquitous to me that I totally forgot that's what it's called.  Smiley Embarassed  Thanks for reminding me.  I feel so dumb.  It's funny that I when I followed Bob's instructions, nothing happened - because I already had it open.  Sheesh.

Oh, and thanks for being so gracious for pointing it out to me without sarcasm.  I wasn't really owed that.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 9 of 12
(2,728 Views)

@billko wrote:

Oh, and thanks for being so gracious for pointing it out to me without sarcasm.  I wasn't really owed that.

It's (unfortunately) not that I haven't occasionally been unable to find the nose on the front of my face ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,707 Views)