From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hex to Binary for a Digital Output

Hi,

I have made a VI to transmit a long Digital Binary Output (this is a protocol for a fire system) and its currently working for what i need, but it isn't very appealing. I want to convert the Binary into Hex so i can easily edit the Output when i move into the different cases in the state machine (currently i'm only working on "1"). I have had some success, but becuase i'm sending such a large package the VI crashes and only Outputs "1's". Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,816 Views)

You can make things a lot easier on yourself by using a numeric to start with.  You can set the radix so you can view it in hex (right-click->View->Radix, change it to hex).  I recommend inverting there and then use Array To Boolean Array followed by Boolean To 0,1.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,785 Views)

I can't open your VI so this may not be completely applicable.  As crossrulz mentioned, you can change the radix of numeric controls.  You can also do the same thing on case structures by right clicking the case selector. 

Capture.PNG

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,761 Views)