LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hewlett-Packard / Agilent Technologies E1326B driver

Hello,
Is there any way to obtain a LabVIEW instrument driver (DLL with Wrapper type) for e1326b multimeter?
From the National Instruments website, I can only find a driver for e1326a.  This driver's type is "Plug and Play," and I have tried using this driver to communicate with e1326b, but I am having a problem.
The best solution would be to get a DLL with Wrapper type driver for e1326b.  If this driver is not available, could you help me figuring out how to use the Plug and Play type driver? The following is the detailed description of the problem.
I have been trying to get "HP E1326/1411 Initialize.vi" to work.  This VI requires the user to input "logical address," "platform," and "GPIB address."  I am good with "logical address," but I am having problems with the other two.  For platform, the available selections are "0:NI-VXI" and "1:NI-488."  I am not sure which one to choose.  Another problem is with "GPIB address."  From MAX, it is showing "GPIB0::9::3::INSTR" in "VISA Properties" panel.  In "Attributes" panel, it is showing "Primary Address 9" and "Secondary Address 99." I opened up the subVI's for this initialize VI, and found out that it is asking for the primary address, which is 9 according to MAX.  So I have tried running this initialize VI, with correct logical address and GPIB (primary) address 9, and with both NI-VXI and NI-488 platform, but both times did not work (i.e. the error occurred while running the VI).  I have also tried putting "903" and "9:03" for GPIB address, but neither worked. 
Again, the best solution would be that if I could get "DLL with Wrapper" type driver, so that I can just put "GPIB0::9::3::INSTR" for the VISA address (which is the case for other devices that I am using, e1345a and e1364a). If the driver of this type is not available, please help me with the problem I have described above.

Thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,789 Views)
here is an additional screenshot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,788 Views)

Check out:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E924B659CE034080020E748...

It's for the 1326A, which was an earlier version of the 1326B.  Should work fine.

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

Message 3 of 6
(2,766 Views)

Also, the logical address (the VXI address) is 3 and the GPIB address is 9.  Not sure about paltform.  Secondary address should be 0.  Sorry, I don't know where you can get one that's a DLL wrapper (although the instrument driver at the link I posted might have been written that way).

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

Message 4 of 6
(2,763 Views)

Thanks Matt,

This driver is the one  I already tried, which is "Plug and Play" type.

I think the logical address is 24 (which I have confirmed by sending query command using MAX).

But I'll try it with address 3 next week  when I go to work.

Thanks for your replies. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,760 Views)

I vaguely remember something bizarre about dividing the VXI logical address by 8 to get a pseudo-logical address that you would actually use if you go through a GPIB controller like the E1405/1406 controllers.  Can't remember much beyond that -- so even if it is 24, you might have to use 3.  Let me know how it goes.

-Matt Bradley

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,716 Views)