LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's a tough one for you.....

Does anyone have knowledge of whether or not it is possible to start a LabVIEW program (run when opened), bring it to the front and display it full screen, and then shutdown certain windows components behind it such as explorer, and ther various services, so that it remains running the VI but opens up as much system resources for LabVIEW as possible?

I would like to start a VI and isolate it from the rest of the windows environment if possible (obviously not things like max, etc. though).

Thanks,

Jonathan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,555 Views)

You could try making your VI the shell application, but I'm not sure whether it will completely take over window, or just replace explorer (probably the latter).

You could also try some of Ben's suggestions here for improving performance.

Thanks tst,

One thing that wasn't covered in that thread though... If I do startup labview as the shell, after it's done running and whatnot, how do I restart explorer as the shell?

Oh wait... maybe I just thought it up.  I wonder, is it possible to get LabView to change what is designated as the shell?  Say, for instance, if I use labview to edit the .ini file upon program completion so that explorer is the shell after completion, then I have labview quit (which is the current shell) I think maybe windows would automatically load explorer as the new shell, right?

Jonathan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,522 Views)
Rolf mentioned that you can call explorer.exe using the system exec VI. I never tried doing this myself, but I presume it should work. As I said, I also assume that this would only replace explorer (not take over all the other services), so I'm not sure it will help you.
You could try loading windows in safe mode, but I don't know whether you will be able to work like that.

(2,516 Views)