LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with slowing the sample rate of a DSA module below its minimum

I am attempting to synchronize data collection between two modules, the NI 9205 and NI 9227(DSA)  in a cDAQ 9174 to obtain accurate I-V curves.  Right now I am using the sample clock timebase of the NI 9227 to drive the NI 9205 as a slave.  The lowest sample rate possible for the NI 9227 is 1.613kS/s My problem is that my tests will have a duration of up to 6 hours, and at a rate of 1.613S/s I will quickly generate too much data for excel to open.  How do I get around this problem?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,990 Views)

Is is possible to take data at a rate of 1.613 kS/s with both modules synchonously and do some sort of average read data every say every 100 seconds and only write that data to file?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,988 Views)

Use NI DIAdem instead of MS Excel.

"DIAdem offers efficiency gains and scalability with features that overcome the limitations of Microsoft Excel in most data post processing applications."

However, for sure you can use averaging. Use the LabVIEW Example Finder and you will get different examples how to implement averaging.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,985 Views)

Hi mbrupb,

I think that the best option to use files with large amount of data stored, DIAdem is the best option.

Other option that you can try is to acquire less information, or define some logic in your program to log half the information that you are acquiring, or less.

One last option is to use the TDMS data file type, you can use property nodes to split the file in different parts, here you can find an example.

Regards,

steve.bm
AE | NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,951 Views)