LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with resolution output to an excel file with keithley 24xx

Hi there.

I am trying to write voltage data from a keithley 24xx to an excel spreadsheet  with very high resolution(.0001 volts/amps). I have my instrument driver setup and i can input the values i want into the instrument and can see them on the display but when i go to the excel spreadsheet, any value under a miliamp is written as zero.

I have tried to change the rounding on the actual spreadsheet, using "to extended precision float" as well as other conversions but the program still writes the voltage/amperage values as an array of zero's.  

Has anyone ever encountered this problem before? It seems like there would be a simple solution out there but it hasn't hit me yet.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,200 Views)

Hi proph,

maybe you should attach your VI or just show an picture of the block diagram?

- HOW do you write the data to a spreadsheet?

- Do you use RGT to write "real" Excel files or just WriteToSpreadsheetFile creating simple CSV files?

- When using WriteToSpreadsheetFile: did you set an appropriate format string? Default is "%.3f" which rounds to "milliamps". Try "%.6g" instead (or read the help for format strings)!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(2,198 Views)

If you are using the "Write to Spreadsheet" or "Array to Spreadsheet string" vi then use %S as the format string.

%S formats to your number to a string exactly as the number, no rounding or truncating will occur.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 3 of 5
(2,192 Views)

So My VI is bigger than just 1 page but here are 2  screenshotsof the writing process: 

Im using write to spreadsheet file.The default value was indeed %.3f so  I'm going to try to change the format and see if it works =D 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,175 Views)

Thanks guys!  both solutions resolved my problem =D 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,167 Views)