LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with identification of CLD-like problem

Hello Everybody,

Sorry if this is slightly off topic but this was the best I could find for my question. I recently encountered a code that is very similar to the available CLD Sample Exams in front panel and block diagram style, commenting and also the folder structure however it is only solution with no template or sample exam pdf. My question is whether anybody else has come across this example? I attached the zip file containing it (in LabVIEW 16) and also screenshot of front panel and block diagram.

Thanks for your help,
Károly

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,506 Views)

Where did you encounter it? It could just be someone making up scenarios to practice. Hopefully it is not an actual exam, because that is in violation of the agreement you sign when you take the test. If you have any reason to believe it is an actual exam I would urge you to get rid of it and not study it.

The CLD exams are basically things that can be solved with state machines, and you can make up your own if you need more practice. In fact, you can later get recertification points if you make up good ones. For instance, you can make:

- An amusement park ride that needs to load the correct number of passengers and run for a certain time.

- A washing or drying (or combo) machine with different cycle options.

- A batting cage that pitches balls at different rates.

- A light show that displays different colors for different times.

None of these are things that I know to be actual CLD exams, and if they are similar it is purely coincidental.

Also there is a certification sub-forum to help you pass your CLD!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,474 Views)

One of my students submitted it as an exam problem. I let them choose a complex anough problem to solve but the previously submitted codes were easily distinguishable from offical NI examples. Because it is exactly like a CLD sample exam I was suspicious whether he did it himself or not. As you said CLD exams are simple problems with state machine as their solution so there could be hand made ones circling the net. It's better safe than sorry so I asked. Also his previous solutions weren't as sophisticated as this. I really hope he just used a sample exam as reference.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,453 Views)

Oh I see, your question makes much more sense now!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,450 Views)

@Karcsi9104 wrote:

One of my students submitted it as an exam problem. I let them choose a complex anough problem to solve but the previously submitted codes were easily distinguishable from offical NI examples. Because it is exactly like a CLD sample exam I was suspicious whether he did it himself or not. As you said CLD exams are simple problems with state machine as their solution so there could be hand made ones circling the net. It's better safe than sorry so I asked. Also his previous solutions weren't as sophisticated as this. I really hope he just used a sample exam as reference.

I would question if NI would let the word "grinded" be used in one of their examples...

Spoiler
But considering my atrocious spelling and typing, who am I to talk!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,443 Views)