From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Event Structure!.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to config one event structure in the way I could change the range of sample graph to analyze it. 

I have 3 graphs. The upper is the signal input.  In the middle is the signal fitted with some calculations and the bottom is the graph where I fix the sample width to analyze with anothers values.

I put event structure in the way I read from file and later update the array of data to force the execution of Case "array 2". 

Its only one example but I would like to change the value of "start" and " length" of sample signal but I cant get the data to show again. I tried diferent options, like put another event source inside of event case "array 2".

I could join case 1 and 2, but the problem is with "start and lenght" control, I can`t get its display when i change the values.

I created a example since its part of my program, to simulate the similar way i need.

Thank in advance, Fred.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,867 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fonsi

You need to wire up the value of Array 2 to the output tunnel of the event case.  Currently, that output tunnel is set to "Use Default if Unwired".  So since you didn't wire up that tunnel, the value going into the shift register will become an empty array.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 8
(2,854 Views)

Hello,

Stupid me!Smiley Happy. I forgot to wire it. 

Thanks for help!.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,822 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

You need to wire up the value of Array 2 to the output tunnel of the event case.  Currently, that output tunnel is set to "Use Default if Unwired".  So since you didn't wire up that tunnel, the value going into the shift register will become an empty array.

That's one thing I am totally paranoid about.  I hate that the tunnels in an event structure are "Use Default if Unwired" by default, yet they don't show that little dot that suggests that it is.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,814 Views)

@billko wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

That's one thing I am totally paranoid about.  I hate that the tunnels in an event structure are "Use Default if Unwired" by default, yet they don't show that little dot that suggests that it is.

Me too.  Been burned way too many times by that.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,807 Views)

@billko wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

Of course they do! What makes you say they don't?

I actually like the current behavior, especially for the boolean going to the stop button. I would not want to wire it in all the other cases where the loop should not stop.

Maybe the behavior could be a bit fine-tuned. Automatic "Use default if unwired" should only apply to scalars. Tunnels for arrays and clusters, etc. should require a manual "use default if unwired" setting.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,798 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@billko wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

Of course they do! What makes you say they don't?

I actually like the current behavior, especially for the boolean going to the stop button. I would not want to wire it in all the other cases where the loop should not stop.

Maybe the behavior could be a bit fine-tuned. Automatic "Use default if unwired" should only apply to scalars. Tunnels for arrays and clusters, etc. should require a manual "use default if unwired" setting.

Ha - it's because of my own paranoia about the "Default if Unwired" that led me to believe this.  I guess I always have something wired to every single case so I haven't seen it in ages.  I created one just now and specifically looked for the dot, and when I added a second case, there it was.  Of course if I wire something to that second case, it disappears.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,796 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

That is actually the only time I use them.  Nearly all other times I need something wired up.  So I dispise the current behavior.  Shouldn't make the exception the rule.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,781 Views)